For years, Da Goose Mastering has been the primary mastering studio for numerous of artists, record labels and mixing engineers seeking a high-end mastering experience.
The service rides on its reputation of superior results and a personal, individualized approach to your music. Da Goose Mastering combines this world class mastering experience at affordable rates to produce masters that stand the test of time and whose techniques are consistently acknowledged by the industry.
“Mastering is the final step before your music is released to the world. I take that very seriously.”
Da Goose Mastering is driven by Jeffrey de Gans (Gans is dutch for Goose). Jeffrey was born in 1971 and was obsessed with music, sound and technique from the day he was born. At the age of 10 he started messing with tapedecks, mixers and turntables while playing his sisters disco records. Later he had his own (illegal) radio-station, worked for a drive-in-show, worked for several radio-stations, produced and released over 80 vinyl-records and played worldwide (and still does every now and then) on countless parties as a DJ.
One of his passions is making espresso; always fine-tuning the machines to make the perfect espresso. This is something that can be found back in his mastering skills; always looking for the best and even push it just a bit more.
Da Goose Mastering (Da Goose Music) was founded as a music-production company in 1996. Jeffrey’s first real mastering-job dates back to the end of the nineties and in 2015 Jeffrey was nominated as one of the 4 best mastering-engineers from the Netherlands. Needless to say that he has a lot of experience, a great set of ears and serious knowledge of what he is doing.
“Mastering is a craft, a science and some people even call it an art-form. It’s an obsessive look at the details, without losing focus of the big picture. It’s an objective opinion, It’s about quality, presentation, and translation, and most of all, it’s about your music, and doing everything I can to help realize your vision.”
What about lectures?
Besides being a renowned mastering-engineer, Jeffrey is also a well-known lecturer and inspirer in mastering and audio-standards. Jeffrey is lecturer for SAE Amsterdam and Albeda Music Producer for all mastering-related lectures and is praised for his inspiring seminars and masterclasses for Izotope, Dance-Fair, ADE, SoundEducation.nl, AMP/Albeda etc.
What about the eco-friendly-studio approach?
“I believe in the fact that a better and healthier environment starts with yourself. That is why I have taken a lot of care about how to deal with the energy consumption.”
- Da Goose Mastering runs on Solar-power since 2012!
- Lighting is done with energy friendly led-lights.
- The studio roof holds a sola-tube daylight system; less artificial lighting needed.
- Studio isolation with mineral eco wool.
- Triple layer walls and the frontwall even has 4 layers.
- The roof is covered with grass and flowers forming an ecological isolation.
- Because of the isolation, no airco is needed and econoheat heaters in the winter.
- Equipment not in use is switched off (which can even be done remotely).
- Amplifiers are Class-D which are known for extremely low power consumption.
- Computer/DAW makes use of SSD disks and all screens are LED screens.
- For backups, a synology NAS with eco hard-drives and automatic powersave mode.
- All network, NAS and computer devices are automatically switched of during nighttime.
- To monitor the energy consumption, a Wattson energy monitor is used.
Friendly service and superb, constant quality are key at Da Goose Mastering, that is why the list of satisfied customers is growing constantly.